Collection of letters and papers of Augustin Daly
A collection of letters and papers (n.d., 1849-1916) of Augustin Daly (1838-1899) arising mainly out of his management of the two successive Fifth Avenue Theatres (1869-1877), the Grand Opera House (1872-1874), and Daly’s Theatre (1879-1899), all in New York City. The majority of the letters are addressed to Daly. Letters in German are described in greater detail in the Guide to Letters and Papers by German Authors.
- undated, 1849-1916
- Daly, Augustin, 1838-1899 (Person)
Language of Materials
Letters are arranged alphabetically by writer; personal and business papers of Augustin Daly are described under his name. Related Daly letters and papers at the Folger Shakespeare Library are described at the end.
The Daly papers were acquired by Henry Folger at various sales in the early twentieth century.
Portions of this collection have been microfilmed.
- Daly's Opera House -- History
- Daly's Theatre (London, England) -- History
- Daly's Theatre (New York, N.Y. : 30th Street) -- History
- Daly's Theatre (New York, N.Y. : 5th Avenue) -- History
- Fifth Avenue Theatre -- History
- Grand Opera House (New York, N.Y.) -- History
- Irving, Henry, Sir, 1838-1905
- London (England)
- Lyceum Theatre (London, England) -- History
- Manuscripts (documents)
- New York (N.Y.)
- New York (State)
- Nineteenth century
- Personal papers
- Twentieth century
- Guide to the Augustin Daly Letters and Papers (1838-1899), 1849-1916
- Folger staff. Initial EAD tagging provided by Apex Data Services (partially funded by The Gladys Kreble Delmas Foundation, in collaboration with the Research Libraries Group). Minor coding and textual changes by Folger Staff, April-June 2000, June-July 2001.
- approximately 1985
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June-July 2001, March-April 2000.: Coding and textual changes made by Folger Cataloging, Curatorial, and Technical Services staff.
- March 23, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Folger Shakespeare Library//TEXT (US::DFo::Y.c.2602-3099,4000-5378::Daly, Augustin, 1838-1899. Collection of Letters and Papers, n.d., 1849-1916.)//ENG" "dfodaly.sgm" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
Part of the Folger Shakespeare Library Repository
201 E. Capitol St. SE
Washington DC 20003 USA